Thursday, March 18, 2010

LIFE PATHS

In a dream I saw a path that lay before a small infant, there were angels carrying this precious child along. I could hear them communicate the wonders of God to this tiny human being, showing all of the goodness and love of a faithful creator.

The path was clearly marked “The path of Life”. As I pondered in my heart the meaning of this I realized that God was showing me the way to know real life.

As I considered these things, I noticed in my dream that the infant was now a young adult, in his face could be read the scars of many battles. I was confused, How could God who showed such tenderness and love to this infant, now allow him to have had such a rough life? It was then that I saw him approach a fork in the path, and from the look on his face I could tell that he had been here before, not at this place, but at this choice. Which way to travel? What was best, and what would bring the most satisfaction? Both paths were clearly marked, There was one that was beautiful, the sight glorious to the eyes, it’s pleasures beckoning to his young and foolish heart. But the details of this path clearly stated that the end was darkness, and pain, and separation from the creator of all living things. In my mind there was no real choice, but why then did this man seem so perplexed. Then I noticed the other path, It was marked...”The path of Life”, and the details of this path too was clearly stated. The end of this path promised Life, Love, Joy, Peace, and Beauty beyond human comprehension. There would be no sickness, no death, and no sorrow. And the one who created the path, and all of its beauty would be there. But along this path there would be hard times, trials, and even death, but with all of the trials there is a promise of inner peace, of joy undisturbed, and protection from ever falling...It was then I remembered the angel that carried this little infant at the start of his life.
I now realized, this man had been on the path that leads to destruction, for how many years I do not know, and now again he had to face the choice, which path will he travel, the hard lines on his face showed that he yearned to follow the path of life, but everything within him craved the pleasures that the path of destruction promised, which would be better, to live life now, to enjoy the thrills, but end up bankrupt. Or to deny the pleasures of this present life to enjoy the fruit of everlasting life offered by following the path of life?

I awoke, and sweat flowed from my brow, my hands were shaking, and my heart beating hard... It was my face that I saw on the man in my dreams, those hard lines that covered his face were caused by the choices I have made in my life, those that caused me to turn from the one who cared for me as no other in this world could ever. Where was I now, on what path did I belong, I knew what was the right way, but where was I now?

What about you my friend? Are you at a fork in the path of life, look to the end of the path, not the path, for that which is at the end of the path will last forever...Will it be Life? Or will it be Death?

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

MFL 2-11-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment