Monday, June 14, 2010

FIRE

I once entered a poetry contest... and low and behold, I was selected to have my poem published. I was also offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to purchase a leather bound limited edition of this collection of prize winning (I never won a prize) poems. Well as you might guess, I let the opportunity pass, and I never saw my poem in print. But I am sure that a limited number of people have been thrilled with my poem, even to this day!

Now, it's your turn to be thrilled... Without any cost, and no leather.

FIRE

Take a look deep within my soul,
What do you see there to behold?
My heart is pounding, my spirit on fire,
Have you seen it, does it inspire?
Deep within me, there is a passionate love,
Deep as the ocean, and the sky up above.
My body expresses the passion bound in my soul,
My hands, my lips, all of my being whole.
I touch you, and feel my passion exposed,
I kiss you, and feel as though I will explode.
Devoted I give all of myself to you,
My question to you, is, what will you do?

MFL

No comments:

Post a Comment