Monday, June 27, 2011

Dr Smith will be with you in a moment, he is on the line with Tech Support

Ring:
Tech: Thank you for calling supreme tech support, how may I help you today?

Caller: My computer don’t work and I hate your company.
Tech: I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with you computer, but I will be happy to assist you in getting it working again.

Caller: Why do you make such a rotten computer, I need it to work. I cannot make any money when the computer is not working. All my stuff is on this thing, its my whole life on this thing. All my finances are on this thing. all my customers are on this thing. I need it to work!

Tech: I fully understand how important all of your data is. May I ask, do you do a regular back up of your data, to protect against a computer failure?

Caller: I don’t know how to back up, and if your computer wasn’t so rotten I wouldn’t have any trouble anyway…. I feel like throwing this computer out the window.

Tech: Really? (Bite lip, and supress quip) Listen, I am sure this is a problem that I can help you get resolved. Tell me what happens when you press the power button?

Caller: What is the power button?

Tech: On the front of your computer there is a power button. It is the button you need to push to turn on your computer every day.

Caller: All I know is the screen is black, and there are no lights anywhere.

Tech: Ok, look on the front of your computer, do you see the power button… it’s round… it is right in the center of the front of your computer.

Caller: I see a button.

Tech: OK, now press it, and tell me if any lights come on, or if you see anything on the screen.

Caller: Do you want me to press it now?

Tech: Yes.

Caller: Ok, the light on that button is lit green. And I see your company name on the screen. And I see Windows XP on the screen. I see my log in screen. What should I do now?

Tech: OK, that’s good. You can log in.

Caller: I see my screen now. I hate your company, I have wasted more time with you people, having to get this thing fixed all the time.

Tech: I understand Sir. I would suggest, the next time your screen is black, to try and turn your system on, that has always worked for me.

1 comment: