Saturday, October 9, 2010

At The End Of The Day - Emily and Danny Are One


The Big Day has come. My little girl is getting married. All the preparations, all the money, and all the excitement has come to this day. Family and friends from all over have come to witness this day, when two will become one. It is a wonderful feeling to see all the people that are special in Emily’s and Danny’s life, come to share this with them. They are special to us as well. In a sense this is like a family reunion, my family having to travel to be here, and Lisa’s family who lives near, and Danny’s family having traveled so far. My only stress has been, and being highlighted today, has been that we cannot all be together. Some in our home, some in motels, some leaving to drive that long way back home tonight. Even trying to get just my family together for a meal is chaos. There really is no way for all of us to enjoy each other’s company, to spend time with some exclude others. Then, there is the parting, saying goodbye to some we will not see for a very long time. This will always be like this until our Lord returns for us, calling us home, to a place where we will never part from each other. When we are truly home, we will be able to enjoy the love, comfort, and fellowship of each one all the time.

I have always taken the responsibility to love, to protect, to be a friend, and even be my little girl’s Valentine. But at the end of the day, “This Day”, she will have committed these things to someone else. Danny will now love her, protect her, be her best friend, and always be her Valentine forever. It’s kind of sad in a way, but exciting in another, because in this life, we will always have the hindrances to fellowship with friends and family, whether it be the distance, or the crowd being too large to be with everyone, she will always have her best friend at the end of the day. Every night when I go to bed, my best friend in this whole world is right there beside me, to love me no matter how dumb I have acted that day, to remind me that I am the greatest thing in her life, and the give me the assurance that I need for the next day. I am thankful for my wife. Now I know that Emily too will have that assurance, comfort, and love that has sustained me for so long. I am thankful for Danny, not for taking my job away, but for being these things for my little girl.

Congratulations My Little Sunbeam!

No comments:

Post a Comment