Thursday, July 1, 2010

Passions Of The Heart

I have so many thoughts about life. Being a child of God has opened my eyes to his wonderful creation, and the passions of life. It is what makes us who we are. Some people are confidant and proud of who they are, while others don't really know who they are, and are unsure of their purpose in life. I realize that as a christian, that God has given me a potential that far outreaches what I would have ever been capable of. But sometimes I find it really hard to let him do really great things through me. Then I realized, that it is the passion that I yeild to within me, that determines who I really am. I wrote this poem a long time ago, when thinking about these things. After reading the poem again, I thought I should explain it a little...


Deep within our heart,
There is a fire that burns,

Life’s passions and emotions,
Showing others who we are.

Some will try to hide the sight,
While others show with pride,
But either way this passion churns,
And guides us through our lives.

There is a key that unlocks the door,
That opens up to show us more.
Deep within us the power we see,
Through eyes, we look, and see our need.

What passions are stored within our souls,
Unlocked they rush out, and fill our heart.
Our very being reflects the light,
It brings contentment, and makes us whole.

MFL

No comments:

Post a Comment